Jackson Hogg are pleased to be working with an exciting organisation in the region in the search for a 1st Line Support Technician. This role will be based in Middlesbrough.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm based out of our Teesside
The organisation is looking for a motivated and capable individual looking to drive change in a rapidly growing area of the business
- 1st line IT support of MS Windows 10 Desktops, Office 36
- As 1st line support you will support internal business applications, utilising procedures provided by the Business Application owners.
- Installing desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals across all sites
- Field support of any IT issues arising across all site
- You will be responsible for the creation of active directory accounts and mailboxes.
- You will be checking Symantec NetBackup backups and performing restores.
- You will be the first point of contact for IT-related issues arising across all sites
- Ensuring calls are logged, updated, and categorised correctly using the Service Desk Application.
- Ensure calls are escalated to the relevant teams where 1st line fix is not possible.
- Build PC’s and Laptops, when required, from a standard image using Microsoft SCCM (Training will be provided).
- Follow to the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes
- Experience working as a 1st line IT support engineer
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to keep up to date with existing and forthcoming technologies
- The ability to work in a team, often under pressure
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- Access to your own Transport and willing to travel across sites
- A company van will be made available for use for the successful applicant.
Technical competences in the following IT services are desirable but not essential:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Server 2016 / 2019
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VMWare version 6.7 and above
- Veritas NetBackup
- CISCO Networking
In addition to a favourable salary, the benefits of this job include:
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme for personal support (health, finance, etc.)
- Sick pay scheme
Salary – Competitive
For more information please apply to Jackson Hogg