This role involves assisting or leading the development of new or existing products. This role also provides hands-on support to the Operations team and works in partnership with the Sales team and other internal/external stakeholders, to design / develop, bespoke a wide portfolio of safety products.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and release new safety restraint and other systems, on time, to budget, technical and cost requirements.
- Act as a primary technical interface for customers and the operations teams. To identify and provide customers with innovative solutions, that will add value to their own products and increase occupant safety.
- Works in partnership with the site GM:
- Assisting with customer visits and technical presentations
- Supporting purchasing to identify and source suppliers and materials.
- Own and provide Key Performance Indicators, reports and information relating to the role.
- Achieves agreed goals and objectives.
- Supports other functions (Sales, Purchasing, Customer Service, Project Management) in order to deliver cost effective solutions and NPI, to meet/exceed customer and regulatory requirements, in a specified timeframe.
- Proficient use of Solidworks 3D CAD and other business systems to develop and design new products for manufacture.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline, (preferably MEng Mechanical Engineering or equivalent)
- Preferably Lean Six Sigma trained and experienced.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing organisations is highly preferable.
- Experience of working with OEM’s at all organizational levels.
- Experienced in using APQP/DFMEA/Stage-gate to drive design and validation requirements for NPI.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple complex projects, concurrently.