Our Client has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle upon Tyne (Longbenton).
- To support the delivery of financial performance reporting including providing assistance to manage and reduce risk and ensure key controls are adhered to.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and be the liaison point with other teams/departments for the resolution of issues
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis, key performance indicators and supporting commentaries in line with agreed SLA and reporting deadlines;
- Assist in the maintenance of management accounting processes and implement and communicate any required changes;
- Assist in the provision of supporting data and relevant analysis to the SBU teams to aid decision making in an effective and timely manner;
- Assist with ensuring the management and fiscal reporting are fully reconciled and aligned;
- Assist in the preparation and submission of all consolidated management accounts for SBU and Group Finance review and sign off;
- Assist in the validation and upload all monthly actual results, budgets and forecasts to the Group consolidation and reporting model (HFM) in line with required deadlines;
- Contribute to and support Projects as designated;
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all finance processes, controls and regulatory framework.
- Proactively assist in the identification of improvements (through root cause analysis), making recommendations and successfully implement new ways of working – gaining the full support of stakeholders and colleagues alike;
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide effective business partnering and relationship management;
- Support the Management Accountant’s and act as a secondary point of contact with Heads of Departments, FC’s and FD’s and Finance managers in the SBU’s.
- Provide general support to internal and external customers.
Who we're looking for
The following minimum qualification level is essential dependent on scope of role:
- Entry level studying at a minimum of Level 3 AAT with an intention to study for a professional accounting qualification in the near to medium future (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent);
- Part Qualified level at a minimum of Operational (CIMA) or Applied Skills (ACCA);
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Intermediate / advanced Ms Excel, Ms Power Point and Ms Word;
- A good understanding of financial and management accounting disciplines;
- A good understanding and working knowledge of accounting and reporting systems including multicurrency ERP systems (preferably Oracle),
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Good understanding of construction industry and working in a multiple Operating Company environment with diverse stakeholder management;
- Some project related experience.
- A continuous improvement mentality.