Jackson Hogg are exclusively supporting Transped, a subsidiary of the Port of Blyth, in the recruitment of a Business Development Manager. Transped operates a short sea container service between the Ports of Blyth (UK) and Moerdijk (Netherlands
- You will be responsible for identifying leads and converting opportunities in B2B sales for Transped’s door-to-door service between Europe and the UK.
- Support the development of accurate, relevant and profitable tenders and quotations.
- Expand the customer base across a variety of sectors, including paper, tissue and packaging goods, which currently forms a sizeable proportion of trade.
- Focus on expanding services offered to existing customers based on the Port, offering a 1 stop shop for container, freight forwarding and packing services.
- Solution focus to understand customer requirements and provide relevant, commercially viable solutions.
- Relevant logistics sector experience is essential, allowing the candidate to hit the ground running. Ideal candidates would come with short sea experience from a freight forwarder, unitised container or 3pl company.
- Must have previous sales experience in a solution, fast paced environment and a track record of commercial success. Strong new business development skills, with a good ability to manage accounts to develop strategic relationships with key customers.
- Confident to report into the Board, presenting opportunities for growth and development of Transped services.
- Ability to be self-driven and plan their own time to deliver successful target-based results.
- Must be hands on and understand the service orientated, value added culture and mindset of Transped and the Port. Thinking as one team, getting involved in operational and commercial issues and being a real team player.
- Need to be able to travel around the Northeast and wider UK, with occasional travel to Europe (especially The Netherlands)
This is a brilliant opportunity to put your own stamp on a small but growing company, with the support and knowledge of the Senior Management Team at The Port of Blyth. If you would like to apply for the position of Business Development Manager, please get in touch.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per year
- Company car
- Company bonus
- Generous pension pension
- Private health care