To provide the business with decision support and analysis capability, enabling the successful delivery of the Group’s financial and operational targets.
The role includes a support for strategic level projects as well as providing a detailed analysis of the Group’s results by product, market and customer and by manufacturing site. Support will be given to the Site Controllers as well as providing the Manufacturing, Procurement, Sales and Supply Chain leadership teams with the necessary financial information and analysis to help them deliver their targets.
Working with the Finance Team, the analyst will help to deliver a robust, standardised and effective reporting capability. The role also encompasses providing support to the Business Reporting Controller and their team to help ensure that the corporate requirements of the wider Group are met.
- To provide a profitability and commercial analysis regarding selling and manufacturing activities. Taking ownership of the tools to delivery such analysis, the post holder will supply business critical information on a timely basis to key stakeholders.
- To support the delivery of a coherent, process driven reporting methodology for the business encompassing monthly reporting, forecasts and budgets
- To continue to drive standardized and simplified basis reporting business performance and ensure the integrity of all data
- To develop a close working relationship with the site controllers as well as with Finance’s internal customers to be in a position to fully support them in respect of their financially bias responsibilities.
- To work with the key stakeholders to ensure that synergistic and cost reduction savings are realized, measured and reported upon.
- Providing other ad hoc support to the Finance Team and Divisional leadership teams as and when required.
Technical Skills, experience and knowledge
Professionally qualified accountant e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA or qualified by experience with a strong manufacturing background
At least 5 years experience in industry, with a strong analytical background.
Hands on, commercial awareness with experience of cost accounting
A strong knowledge of ERP enabled business processes.
As a member of a small team this individual must be capable of self-management, acting confidently with all levels of non-financial management.
The ability to operate effectively in a business operating in different geographies, time zones and cultures will drive success.