Jackson Hogg is delighted to be supporting a growing client based in Peterlee with the appointment of a Buyer. This company has recently had large investments, so it is a very exciting time to join a growing and established distribution business.
Main purpose of role (Buyer)
Working with the Supply Chain & Operations Manager within a small team, the role will be to plan and coordinate the movement of stock between 9 depots as well as scheduling the companies direct supply chain.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the purchase and replenishment of stock
- Manage the direct supply chain of the business maximising incentives, structuring deliveries, and minimising the cost of stock movements.
- Understand depot stock requirements, rotations, and supply patterns.
- Forecasting for seasonality spikes
- Key point of contact for major accounts from a stock perspective
- Negotiate with all departments and depots to achieve effective stock movements throughout the business
- Constant liaising with sales, warehouse and finance departments regarding delivery progress, issues, and requirements
- Minimising stock wastage and stock proliferation across all depots
Knowledge, skills & experience required
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Dedicated hardworking individual required
- Articulate and an excellent communicator
- Logical thinker with excellent organisational skills
- Full UK driving licence with access to own car
- Health & Safety awareness
- Hybrid working availbale: 3 days in the office, 2 at home
- CIPS funding
- Annual bonus scheme
- 28 days annual holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme