Jackson Hogg is delighted to be supporting one of the UK’s leading online retailers within their sector with the appointment of a Buyer. This company has seen substantial growth and has doubled in size across the business over the past 3 years. This Buyer role is new to the business and offers an excellent opportunity for someone to liaise with over 100 brands, purchase stock, and work closely with the ecommerce team. The ideal candidate will come from a purchasing/buying/procurement background and be used to dealing with large quantities of stock.
- To order stock in line with suggested purchase orders, minimum order values/quantities and forecasting data either via the Company’s software, suppliers’ software or manually as required
- To recommend, agree with brand team and place opening orders from new brand launches
- To ensure all internal paperwork in relation to stock ordering is accurate and up to date including details of suppliers, contacts, minimum order values/quantities etc.
- To track deliveries and liaise with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery, communicating with dispatch and other relevant internal teams
- Processing all part shippable orders and working with Customer Services to ensure these are dispatched to customers
- To liaise with suppliers to deal with any issues relating to stock including, returns, damaged, shortages and out of date stock
- To work with Ecommerce team to remove stock from website that is out of stock or discontinued and to ensure stock levels are accurate
- Experience in purchasing, procurement or supply chain administration.
- Experience of working with external suppliers and maintaining collaborative, mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Computer literate and ability to use software and in house systems.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Attention to detail.