Jackson Hogg Supply Chain division are recruiting on an exclusive basis for a well-recognised utilities business in Washington on the appointment of a Buyer on a 2 year fixed term contract to join their successful procurement team.
This position can offer £33,400 – £41,700 depending on experience.
Currently the team are working from home predominantly with 2 days per month mandatory in the office, but this will be moving to 2 days per week in the office later this year. There is the option to work from any of the local office locations.
Reporting into the Procurement Manager, you will lead strategic sourcing processes for a range of procurement activities across pre agreed categories of spend as well as reporting of relevant category spend data.
- Lead the strategic sourcing process for a range of procurement activities across spend categories, leads contract negotiations and implements tender outcomes.
- Ownership and maintenance of category spend data, responsible for generating and analysing data reports.
- Manage collection and analysis of supplier MI data. Identify and escalate potential risks and issues.
- Conduct market research to stay informed and up to date with industry trends, procurement innovations, specific category developments and new market entries.
- Delivery of excellent customer service to all service users.
- Deputises for applicable Category Manager across a range of operational and strategic activities.
The Person / Specification:
- Demonstrable level of sourcing experience to manage a range of sourcing events.
- A proven track record of savings delivery and unlocking value add from supply chain.
- Knowledge and experience of procurement technology and digital procurement tools.
- Demonstrable negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong workload prioritisation and time management skills.
- Degree/CIPS or equivalent business experience.
- Experience in procurement strategy and category planning.
- Experience of a range of categories and related market sectors.
- Experience of a regulated environment (public/utility sector).
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a values-driven business and work alongside talented procurement professionals. Early application is higly recommended for this role.