Commercial Analyst – Optoelectronics
Remote in UK or USA with some international travel involved.
As a Commercial Analyst, you will play a key part in the company pricing strategy for Sensors & Specialist Components. Working closely with the Sales and Product teams, you will establish pricing strategies to formulate responses to Requests for Quotation (RFQ). You will make important decisions that position the company to win business while maximizing profits.
- Respond to Daily RFQ’s for Optoelectronics, Resistors, Power Products, and Variables product lines.
- Research and analyse major bid packages and volume price agreements – achieved by comparing and analysing previous bids to determine best pricing strategy to win.
- Work with the Product line Directors to achieve the most competitive proposal response.
- Participate actively in the negotiation process.
- Analyse profit margins and report award results.
- Gain an excellent knowledge of the company’s products including their strengths and weaknesses vs competitors.
- Assist with development and production of standard price lists and maintaining the pricing portal as needed.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in Inside Sales, Product Management or Pricing
- Some knowledge of electronic components, ideally optoelectronics, semiconductors, or resistors
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation abilities
- Valid Passport or the ability to get one, as well as the ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as needed, up to 25% of the time.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Perks scheme – discounted goods and services
- Health cash plan
- Salary finance
- Employee referral bonus
If you wish to apply to this opportunity, or would like to hear more information about it, please contact Amelia on the following details: