Control Systems Engineer
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Jackson Hogg is delighted to be partering with a fast-growing offshore Oil&Gas company and leading supplier of vessels and offshore equipment. They are in the look for a Control Systems Engineer responsible for producing the Control System Engineering deliverables for a work pack / sub-system or project.
Control Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Execute design tasks in accordance with direction and guidance from Lead and Senior Engineers, including detailed design tasks, supporting calculations, writing specifications, writing of code, and developing BOMs as required.
- Interpret mechanical, hydraulic and electrical requirements to ensure that the Control System Design performs as per the client / project requirements.
- Writing of project technical documentation such as Software Specification and other technical specifications.
- Interface with other disciplines (Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical) to ensure that the functional requirements of the assigned sub-system / project are met.
- Support the construction, installation and commissioning teams in the UK and overseas.
Control Systems Engineer Core Requirments:
- Experience with design tools (for Siemens / Rockwell platforms etc) and make use of them effectively.
- Experience in PLC and SCADA/HMI.
- Engineering Design and Development experience demonstrated over 2-5 years.
- Knowledge and experience in design, manufacture and operation of some or all of the following: Trenchers, Cable/Pipe lay, LARS and bespoke onshore and Offshore equipment.
- Member of recognised Engineering body (eg IMechE or IET) or working towards this.
- Ability to plan own work and report progress.
- Flexible and knowledgeable, able to work across disciplines and share ideas.
If that sounds of interest to you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the details below!