Electrical Design Technician
Jackson Hogg is delighted to be working with a fast-growing business, recognised Nationally and Internationally for their expertise in specialist Mechanical & Electrical Turnkey Systems across a wide range of engineering market sectors.
Electrical Design Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Involvement in projects throughout the lifecycle, from initial enquiry and early design through to detailed design, installation, commissioning, and post installation support.
- Interpreting client’s specifications and an partnership with the Electrical Project Engineer / Contract Manger provide engineered solutions.
- Utilising CAD software to draft designs.
- Producing necessary design reports and documentation.
- Close liaison with the Electrical Project Engineer / Contract Manger to provide design forecast and progress.
- Attend client meetings to support the project, providing technical expertise.
- Produce test paperwork and attend respective Factory Acceptance Testing at panel manufacturers premises
- Support the QH works electrician with any works plant or infrastructure breakdowns.
- Ensuring health and safety codes are obeyed at all times.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in electrical engineering.
- Ad-hoc requirements as requested by the Controls Division Manager.
Electrical Design Technician Key Requirements:
- An Engineering qualification to HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years relevant design experience
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of cable design software.
- Detailed knowledge of BS7671, control panel/MCC design and specifications, instrumentation and control systems.
- Designing industrial control systems including electrical distribution equipment, motor control centers, control panels, including supporting designs such as cable calculations, single line diagrams, materials lists, instrument lists, and cable schedules.
- Able to work proactively both individually and as part of a small team.
- A knowledge and understanding of AC/DC drives systems and or hydraulic systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Eplan and implementation thereof.
- Knowledge of IEC 61508.
If that role sounds of interest please feel free to get in touch using the details below.