Jackson Hogg is delighted to be supporting a well known, national business in recruiting a Country Accountant in to their growing Country Accounting team.
Reporting into the Country Accounting Manager, this role deliver financial and compliance-based accounting services to our internal customers to a high level of service whilst always seeking to minimize the cost of the service provision and to add value to the business by sound tax and VAT management.
This role sits within the Anglo (UK, US, Canada, South Africa) and Spanish team within the Accounting shared services department
To deliver defined, high quality financial accounting services, to agreed performance and cost targets, on behalf of all the relevant businesses and sites in an environment that encourages continuous improvement to the underlying global processes and outcomes.
This covers two key areas:
i. Financial accounting and compliance
ii. Sarbanes Oxley controls compliance
- Ensure internal and external reporting deadlines are achieved.
- Ensure local and US GAAP compliance requirements meet the regulatory standards.
- Coordination of all external audit activity, whether it is for the ASSC or site, for the relevant legal entities for both US and local GAAP.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls, specifically manage, and monitor the annual assessment and testing processes regarding internal controls and documentation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including the relevant site accountants, external fiscal authorities (tax / VAT), such that the overall business processes are as streamlined and effective as possible.
- Fully support the drive towards and implementation of global accounting processes within the ASSC to improve service, compliance, and financial performance. The Country Accountant must ensure the interests of those legal entities within their scope are fully understood and met.
- Participate and contribute to key continuous improvement projects within the ASSC.
- To provide day-to-day leadership to the Assistant Country Accountant(s) to ensure high levels of customer service and compliance are achieved.
- All duties are to be always carried out in compliance with all company guidelines, SOX and business conduct policies and guidelines.
Day to day tasks:
- Full Entity ownership
- US GAAP month end – journal entry and review, financial statement reviews, cashflow and balance sheet reconciliations
- Local GAAP annual accounts
- Accurate External requirements including VAT, Intrastat, ECSL submissions
- Various Tax requirements
- Adhere to all SOX and internal controls requirements and be ever audit ready
- Process improvement, deliver savings and compliance improvements via team projects
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree (preferred).
- Professionally qualified accountant e.g., ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA;
- At least 3 years post professional qualification experience in a process or manufacturing industry, with a strong technical accounting / compliance background, with exposure to multiple GAAP compliance e.g., IFRS, US GAAP, local GAAP (preferred)
- Strong IT skills and proven ERP experience (SAP preferred)
- Excel knowledge: intermediate level (essential)