Jackson Hogg are pleased to be working with an exciting organisation in the North East in their search for a Design Engineering Manager. This role will be based in Middlesbrough.
Description of role:
As the Design Engineering Manager you would be responsible for the development of a completely new product development function reporting directly to the Operations Director. You will work to implement a scalable organisational structure for the new product development process, bringing together existing capabilities and new resources. The organisation is looking for a motivated and capable individual looking to drive change in a this growing area of the business. Simialr industry knowledge working with sheet metal is ideal.
- Drive the new product development function carrying out new designs, testing and prototyping through to manufacture.
- Be an expert in the use of 3D modelling software in the new product development process.
- Handling high growth made to order product design within a batch production environment.
- Being responsible for new product projects and handling finances and time constraints
- Run external testing requirements and standards and understand how they would apply to security, fire rating, thermal performance, acoustics and weather testing.
- You are experienced in producing Bill of Materials and routings for input into ERP.
- You have experience in the development of new product costings.
- Posses an analytical mindset, capable of using data to produce insights and drive actions
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering BEng or
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sheet metalwork design.
- Expertise in the use of 3D modelling software and the design of products.
- Experience and knowledge of external testing standards in security, fire, acoustics, thermal and weather testing.