Jackson Hogg is delighted to be supporting an engineering consultancy business based in Newcastle Upon Tyne in the appointment of a Project Engineer due to high demand. The client specialises in mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and software design services, as well as bespoke offshore equipment design for clients within the marine and subsea industries.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team who celebrate individuality and unique insights/viewpoints, offering the ability to learn from engineers with extensive experience within this field.
Electrical & Control Design Engineer Key Responsibilities + Requirements:
- Concept and detail design of electrical power and control systems for bespoke equipment.
- Hardware design including component selection and supporting calculations.
- PLC programming (Siemens / Rockwell)
- Designing of SCADA/HMI applications
- Design of Ethernet and serial networks
- Manufacture and assembly support
- Technical documentation to support equipment (specifications, risk assessments, manuals, etc)
- Client support – on-site and remote (occasional site travel preferred)
- Peer review of engineering designs
- Experience level – ability to work on projects without direct supervision.
- AutoCAD use.
- Team player attitude & keen listener to people
- Clear thinker with tenacity to solve problems
- Adaptable and willing to take on challenges
- Someone willing to ‘get stuff done’
- Competitive salary based on experience and ability.
- Share in company success via annual bonus scheme
- Private Medical for all employees
- Holiday: 25 days / year plus extended leave for long serving staff
- Workplace pension scheme
- Supported training to allow you to advance your own skills
If that sounds of interest please feel free to get in touch using the details below.