Electrical Design Engineer
Jackson Hogg is delighted to be working with one of the largest caravan and motorhome manufacturers in the UK for the assignmnet of an Electrical Design Engineer!
Electrical Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Develop new and maintain existing electrical system designs for a range of leisure vehicle products using primarily 3D CAD techniques with some 2D CAD elements.
- Create new design concepts and ensure compliance with BS7671 requirements for Electrical/ Electronic installation.
- Work closely with the production facility to develop and implement new electrical document control processes.
- Attend design reviews for new product design providing direction and clarity for electrical design.
- Design, implement and analyse test plans for new and existing product to ensure the product meets customer needs and meets any legislative requirements.
- Undertake detailed analysis of components and products identifying cost reduction, product improvement and warranty reduction opportunities within the Business.
- Maintain key relationships with key supply partners ensuring a product and process to suit the business strategy
- Involvement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
Electrical Design Engineer Key Requirements:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent knowledge/experience) in Electrical Engineering (or similar).
- An understanding of latest electrical regulation (BS 7671)
- A minimum of 5 years experience of working within an engineering environment, ideally with consumer products
- Experience of handling multiple tasks/projects.
- Use and administration of 3D CAD packages
- Experienced in creating and executing relevant test plans.
- Ability to interpret, adhere to and advise relevant industry standards.
- Prior experience using 3D Autodesk Inventor, Cable and Harness software or similar product highly desirable
- Experience of Autodesk Inventor and Vault PDM Software
- Ability to create and implement process changes for continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work without supervision, on own initiative and prioritise tasks.
If you are interested in this role please feel free to get in touch using the details below.