Electrical Design Engineer
Jackson Hogg is delighted to be working with a leading manufacturing business for the assignment of an Electrical Design Engineer.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the production of all design documentation and ensuring that all aspects of the design works are carried out in a diligent and professional manner.
This role is based in Darlington, with a requirement to visit sites and client offices in UK and overseas.
Electrical Design Engineer main responsibilities:
- Production of Drawings, Schedules and MTOs.
- Production of Schematics and Termination diagrams.
- Production of Design Documents and Detail/General arrangement drawings associated with Lighting Schemes, Lightning & Earthing Protection Schemes and Cathodic Protection Schemes.
- Carry out design activities using appropriate computer software programmes as required.
- Production of Electrical control systems and vendor package equipment interface wiring requirements.
- Production of Area Classification Plans associated with Hazardous Areas.
- Production of Cable Routing Drawings and associated installation details.
- Production of Power Distribution Single Line Diagrams, Substation general arrangements and associated cable entry/layout details.
- ONC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- A good basic knowledge of codes, standards, and accepted working practices with respect to Electrical Design, within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industries.
- In-depth experience as an Electrical Designer within the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical industries, including Hazardous Areas (ATEX), Cryogenic materials handling and storage.
- Experience working with overseas clients and external design houses.
- Experience working on projects as an Electrical Designer.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (all versions), Microsoft Windows (all versions) and AutoCAD (all versions).
- Experience with SmartPlant (SPI) would be a plus.
If that sounds of interest, please feel free to get in contact with Eleni Avgenaki on 07455158839/ email@example.com