Jackson Hogg is delighted to be working with a strong team of engineering design consultants who provide a variety of MEP Design Services. They have vast experience in a range of sectors from small retail refurbishments to large scale multi-million-pound M&E contracts.
This is a full-time on-site role for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer. The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for creating detailed designs, developing electrical schematics and drawings, ensuring compliance with regulations and codes, and collaborating with other engineers and design teams to deliver high-quality projects. The engineer will report to the Director / Managing Director.
- Maintain, enhance and apply both design and technical knowledge ensuring production of high-quality drawings.
- Electrical design of LV supply and small power distribution, earthing and lightning protection, lighting, fire and voice alarm systems, data services, low current and extra low voltage services, automatic controls, Acceess Control / Security, BMS as well as other related electrical utility systems as assigned.
- Preparation of electrical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents.
- Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages.
- Attend design team meetings and site inspections.
- Attend tender / costing meetings
- Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and other designers.
- The ideal candidate would have:
- Use knowledge of electrical building services to educate designs (HV/LV Power, Lighting, Emergency Lighting, Lighting Control, etc)
- HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent certified Electrical Engineer.
- Ideally a minimum 3 years work experience as an Electrical Design Engineer in Building Services.
- AutoCAD is essential, Revit (not essential).
- Experience with Relux or Dialux as well as Amtech.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension scheme
- Support towards chartership
If that sounds of interest please feel free to get in touch using the details below.