Electrical Project Engineer
Jackson Hogg is delighted to be working with a fast-growing business, recognised Nationally and Internationally for their expertise in specialist Mechanical & Electrical Turnkey Systems across a wide range of engineering market sectors.
They are looking for a qualified Electrical Engineer with several years’ experience in design & management of electrical aspects of projects, ideally within industries such as moving structures, bridges, water control gates. Reports to the Controls Division Manager.
Electrical Project Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Involvement in projects throughout the lifecycle, from initial enquiry and early design through to detailed design, installation, commissioning, and post installation support.
- On Site Commissioning both in the UK and Overseas.
- Interpreting client’s specifications and providing engineered solutions using a mixture of best practice and where appropriate innovation.
- Writing technical specifications and co-ordination of resulting sub-contract packages including electrical panel builds and electrical installation works.
- Close liaison with the Project Manager to provide regular progress reports.
- Attend client meetings to support the project, providing technical expertise.
Electrical Project Manager Key Requirements:
- An Engineering qualification to HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of BS7671, control panel/MCC design and specifications, instrumentation and control system.
- Experience of designing industrial control systems including electrical distribution equipment, motor control centers, control panels, including supporting designs such as cable calculations, single line diagrams, materials lists, and cable schedules.
- Project management of electrical engineering and controls projects from tendering to commissioning.
- Experience in designing & programming PLC / SCADA systems using Siemens, Mitsubishi & Allen Bradley equipment would be of particular benefit although not essential. In-house training could be offered for the successful candidate with a desire to broaden their skillset.
- A knowledge and understanding of AC/DC drives systems and or hydraulic systems would be an advantage.
If that role sounds of interest please feel free to get in touch using the details below.