Electrical Software Engineer
Jackson Hogg is delighted to be working with a global leading manufacturing business for the assignment of an Electrical Software Engineer.
As an Electrical Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for leading the development and design of electrical control systems and software for new and existing electrical systems.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based in Sunderland.
Electrical Software Engineer main responsibilities:
- Lead in software design/development to improve the capabilities of machine operations.
- Research and select suitable electrical hardware/ software to suit the business needs.
- Create and lead project timing plans and attend meetings to support department objectives.
- Support capital expenditure in electrical designs and objectives.
- Create suitable man machine interface for machine operations and factory services.
- Be the lead support and develop electrical technicians and electrical apprentice.
- Electrical department expert of the latest technologies in the field of electrical and electronic software engineering.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers to develop and implement electrical solutions.
- Provide technical support & guidance for installation and commission of electrical systems.
- Stand-in for Plant Engineer is his absence in all matters.
- Minimum HNC (HND preferred) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Recognised electrical apprenticeship.
- Project Management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of machine interface data networking within machine control systems.
- Use of AutoCAD for wiring diagrams and panel layouts.
- Specialised skills in PLC networking including Ethernet, Ethercat, and Omron networks.
- Proficient in the use of Omron software cx-one,sysmac studio and other various electrical software packages.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the design and development of machine control systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of high-volume production machinery in an engineering / automotive supply environment.
- Thorough understanding of current regulations in Electrical Engineering.
If that sounds of interest to you, please feel free to get in touch with Eleni Avgenaki on 07455158839/ firstname.lastname@example.org