I am looking for an Estimator to join a growing construction company based in Middlesbrough.
- Log and record enquiries on the enquiry log and maintain enquiry log with project tender updates.
- Produce quotes in line with the QMS system
- Identify labour, materials, plant, and time requirements by studying proposals, budgeting, specification, and related documents.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, specifications, and related documents.
- Present prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information to client using software and documentation in a timely manner and in line with customer requirements
- Update pricing with input from the QS / Commercial department on actual site costs
- Prioritise your estimating workload daily.
- Accurate recording of all quotes issued and liaising with clients post tender.
- Prepare take offs, bill of quantities, mark-ups, and Tech reviews to allow the accurate pricing of enquiries.
- Produce accurate technical reviews/reports on all schemes
- Communicate and issue required information to 3rd party suppliers of goods and services to obtain prices to allow accurate pricing and inclusion within quotes
- Communication with clients throughout the tender process
- Collaborative working with the QS to assist in variations
- Grow revenue by identifying opportunities, generating sales and enquiries throughout the tender process
- Support products and solutions to develop/ increase value and profitability.
- Support 3rd party suppliers by ensuring all required information is supplied internally from the client to allow the team to progress estimates/quotes/designs without the need for chasing information.
- Deliver and expedite information and Tech Reviews/Quotes etc from 3rd party suppliers to allow the estimating team to progress quotes.
- Build relationships with key customers, new customers,industry, and market influencers
- Deliver informative handovers once the company receive a PO/LOI or subcontract.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday – 9am – 5pm or 8am – 4:30pm
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: In person