Site Lead Mechanical Engineer
Jackson Hogg is exclusively representing a growing manufacturer in Newcastle for a Site Lead Mechanical Engineer. As the Site Lead, you will be responsible for all Mechanical engineering on site, including site Calibration, Facilities, Site Services and Mechanical work across site through extensive expansion and CapEx Plans. Facilities include the HVAC Systems, Chiller and Boiler units, Pumps and Plumbing and all Plant Equipment.
Working within a busy and ever-changing environment, the role will liaise closely with the maintenance and engineering management teams to deliver the maintenance strategy and relevant compliance needs of the business.
- Site Project support and integration of Site Service, Facilities, Mechanical and Plant systems into new and existing operations and processes
- Quality Control and Engineering Systems management
- Relevant maintenance and improvement strategies are in place for all site Mechanical, Site Services and Facilities (Hard and Soft) systems and assets including routine, planned and reactive maintenance.
- Compliance with stringent Safety and Quality criteria in line CompEx and ATEX criteria
- Documentation and Quality control of Site Audit, Compliance and Contractor/Vendor Management
Ideally you will have extensive experience with Mechanical Maintenance systems. This would include Hands on Maintenance, Calibrations, Fault Finding, Plant and Facilities. In addition, knowledge and experience of direct team management, document control and 3rd party contractor management and CMMS/PPM establishment and integration/improvement is essential. A background Pharma would be desirable but not essential. Applicants from FMCG, Fast Moving Manufacture or similar would be distinctly advantageous for this particular role.
You should be time served within a Mechanical discipline and have supported your further development with a Mechanical focused HNC or higher. Qualifications relating to HVAC, Chiller and Boiler work, F Gas or similar would be advantageous.
For more information or a discussion in confidence, contact Andrew at Jackson Hogg today.