Jackson Hogg is delighted to be representing a start-up retail business based in Newcastle on an exclusive basis. You will lead the vision and image of the brand, finding new suppliers, developing relationships, updating designs and evolving your brand awareness. You will also work closely with the Purchasing Assistant and act as a mentor to develop their skill set. You will join the company at a pivotal time as they are growing at a rapid rate, and this will suit someone who is keen to progress and be hands on in other areas of the business.
- Research and analyse to identify current and emerging trends for our customer.
- Liaising with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers, collaboration with other departments to ensure effective communications and management of supply.
- Keep an accurate tracking system of expected stock, delivery dates, outstanding order amounts and ‘new in’ samples and communicate this to the appropriate department. Ensuring deliveries are in line with our quality and standard.
- Fast development of new styles based on best sellers and current trends. Identifying these with analysis through customer demand and reporting.
- Liaising with Director, Marketing and Business Development to produce coherent collections based on incoming stock.
- 3+ experience in Buying Role, with strong understanding of fast fashion, degree in fashion.
- Be able to problem solve and make decisions.
- Be able to take criticism, using this to develop to the needs of the brand.
- Excellent Teamwork and Influencing Skills, with ability to build, lead and manage a team.
- Computer literate – excel and shopify required.
- Ability to organise, manage and prioritize workload with hard deadlines.
- Excellent communication/negotiation skills.
- Confident working with numbers.