Jackson Hogg are delighted to be supporting a leading education provider, with their search to appoint a Finance Manager. This education provider based in Tyne & Wear excels at providing the best learning environments for it’s students.
Supporting the CFO and managing a small team, the Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- Produce accurate and timely monthly management accounts for the Trust, academies and trading companies, including detailed inquiry and interrogation of the figures and variances against budget.
- Review and reconcile, income, expenditure and balance sheet accounts and process month end journals as necessary.
- Oversee the preparation of month-end schedules as part of the management accounts process and year-end schedules in advance of the annual audit.
- Review of monthly payroll and pension information and their reconciliation for associated statutory reporting.
- Use professional judgement to make recommendations to improve processes, policies and reporting. Actively monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of systems of internal financial control and implement solutions and improvements as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of the statutory Annual Report and Financial Statements in line with the Academies Trust Handbook and the Academies Accounts Direction.
- Prepare all other statutory returns e.g. Accounts Return, Financial Forecast, Grant Claims as directed.
- Ensure the integrity of academy banking procedures, including cash receipts, payments and reconciliations of the bank accounts.
- Ensure VAT is accounted for correctly and prepare and submit the monthly group returns.
- Experience within the education/ public sector
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
- High levels of accuracy when working
- Strong excel and ERP system experience