Jackson Hogg are delighted to be working with our key client, Venator in their search for a qualified German speaking Financial Accountant for their shared service function based in Wynyard.
This Financial Accountant opportunity will report into the Country Accounting Manager who is extremely supportive and able to develop keen individuals.
This role will be based in the German team within the accounting shared services department in Wynyard, Teesside.
The role responsibility will involve delivering financial and compliance based accounting services to Venator’s internal customers and adding value to the business by sound tax and VAT management.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Delivering financial accounting services to the German market.
• Ensuring internal and external reporting deadlines are achieved.
• Ensure local (German) GAAP and US GAAP compliance requirements meet the regulatory standards.
• Coordinating all external audit activity for the relevant legal entities for both US and German GAAP. Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including the relevant site accountants, external fiscal authorities (tax/VAT).
• Supporting and leading the Assistant Country Accountant to ensure high levels of customer service and compliance are achieved.
As the ideal candidate you will be:
• Fluent German.
• ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA qualified.
(3 years post qualification experience with strong technical accounting/compliance background with exposure to German GAAP compliance/US GAAP.)