Jackson Hogg are partnering with a successful Fintech firm sitting in a niche area of the financial services market who are looking for a Front End Developer (React) to join their growing business.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will have a flair for and proven record of innovative front end software development. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, and conscientious with at least 5 years of commercial experience building web applications. We are looking for someone who can combine their technical capability in React development with working as part of a collaborative team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a small team developing web applications using modular frameworks
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and mobile-based features.
- Making recommendations on user experience, accessibility and content.
- Designing prototypes using wireframes and similar.
- Ensuring consistency of brand across digital customer touch points.
- Collaborating with back-end developers and designers to improve usability.
- Receiving feedback from and building solutions for our users and customers.
- Writing functional requirement documents and guides.
- Assisting back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Staying up to date on emerging technologies.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of commercial development experience.
- Strong portfolio of previous work, demonstrating solutions to business problems through effective design.
- Knowledge/background of UX/UI principles and systems is desirable.
- BSc Degree in software development, computer science or related field would be beneficial.
- Experience of using other front end frameworks (e.g Angular) would be advantageous.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, apply at Jackson Hogg today for a confidential discussion.
Job Title – Front End Developer (React)
Contract – Permanent
Reports to – Lead Application Developer
Location – Remote (UK) – Must be able to travel occasionally to their North East based site.