Group Financial Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an exciting and established business in Durham in the role of a Group Financial Accountant.
This role will see you supporting the Group Finance Director and taking responsibility for the Group accounting function, including transactional team management, financial systems and Treasury functions.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing the monthly Group management accounts, ensuring they are accurately produced, properly supported and available on a timely basis.
- Providing management information required to support the management of the Group’s divisions.
- Preparing statutory financial statements for Group companies including;
- Assisting in the production of the statutory financial statements of the Group companies together with supporting schedules and files for audit purposes.
- Responding in a timely and accurate manner to all audit requests pertaining to the Group management company and consolidation.
- Assisting the Group Finance Director with financial planning for the Group including providing assistance in the production of comprehensive Group Budgets and projections.
- Assisting in the maintenance and evolution of the current financial models.
- Superuser and Finance System owner of the existing finance system and any future system that is deployed.
- Providing assistance to the Group Finance Director in executing the Group’s treasury function. Including short term cashflow forecasting, enforcement of payment controls and day to day meetings with the Group’s bankers.
- Leading and managing a team of 3 Accounts Assistants.
As the ideal candidate you will be/have:
- Significant previous experience in a similar role and management of an accounts team.
- Fully qualified, ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and other finance systems.
- Broad financial and tax knowledge, including understanding of long term project accounting.