Jackson Hogg are delighted to be supporting a reputable business in Darlington who are seeking to recruit a Group Financial Accountant to join their team. The Group Financial Accountant will suit someone who is either looking to make their first or second move from practice or someone with relevant industry experience.
This role will support the Group’s financial reporting and governance procedures and will focus on the annual budgeting process, technical accounting and compliance and tax related activities.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Completing half year end and year end financial statements, including compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Providing advice on technical accounting records of the head office entities.
- Supporting with the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes and ensuring forecasting accuracy of corporate costs and treasury related items.
- Assisting with Group taxation matters, including year-end tax accounting, corporation tax compliance and maintenance of the group tax register.
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the group auditors, tax advisors etc.
- Ad hoc finance and operational related projects, including financial reporting software implementations, M&A and equity/debt raising activities.
As the ideal candidate you will be/have:
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Technical accounting experience and knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong organisational and project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple projects.
- Excellent communication levels and able to influence and drive improvement.
- Strong Excel experience, including experience of financial reporting systems, business planning and budgeting process.
- Hybrid working and excellent benefits.