The Head of Finance holds a pivotal role in overseeing the daily financial operations of a well known, Newcastle based business. Reporting to the COO, the Head of Finance will have ownership of upholding the company’s adherence to rigorous accounting standards and procedures as well as actively collaborating with board level stakeholders.
The Head of Finance will be both a strategic advisor and a proficient manager, providing in depth financial analysis and strategic insights to advance the organisation’s strategic objectives.
The Key duties of the Newcastle based, Head of Finance include;
- Day-to-day responsibility for financial control and reporting.
- Lead a high-performing finance team, providing mentorship and development opportunities to team members, ensuring delivery is in accordance with internal SLA’s.
- Lead the budget process with the finance team and present annual budgets to the COO and Board.
- Review the Stat Accounts packs and Management accounts and sign off.
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of budgets and business plans for new events and concepts.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations, accounting standards, and tax laws, and manage external audits and financial reporting.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within the finance department and implement best practice.
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance throughout the organisation.
- Initial preparation of board papers, Budget, Forecast and Monthly cash flow forecasting.
- Liaise with external auditors, VAT lawyers and tax advisors for the group.
- Undertake Company Secretary responsibilities for all Group Companies.