Role Title – HR Advisor
Jackson Hogg are currently looking to recruit a HR Advisor for a fantastic travel company based in Newcastle.
Reporting to the MD the HR Advisor will apply a commercial and professional approach to delivering business focused solutions and provide generalist HR advice and support to managers, in line with employment legislation and best practice.
Specific tasks undertaken for the HR Advisor
- Provide proactive, effective, and efficient HR advice across the employee life cycle. This includes coaching and guidance to senior management, line managers and staff.
- Encourage and promote good working relationship with external stakeholders e.g., learning establishments, tapping into available funded training.
- Build the capability of managers through support and coaching in relation to their approach and consideration of people issues.
- Advise and coach managers on the delivery of employee relations processes including disciplinary, grievance, sickness and performance management including the preparation of cases and documentation.
- Provide the business with people data metrics and analysis.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection processes, including preparing job adverts, advertising, selection and supporting hiring managers with their decision making.
- Manage new starter onboarding and induction.
- Advise on all reward and remuneration issues, including grading, promotions etc.
- Deliver HR projects and change initiatives.
- Provide an effective HR administration service when required ensuring that employee data/information is handled, stored, recorded, processed, and retrieved in a professional, confidential, accurate and timely manner, in accordance with data protection.
- Support with payroll queries
Personal Specification – HR Advisor
Qualifications, knowledge, and experience
- Proven experience in a generalist HR Advisory role
- CIPD Level 3 qualified
- Working knowledge of employment legislation and UK law
- Familiar with ACAS Code of Practice
- Strong understanding of Microsoft packages, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- CIPD Level 5 qualified
- Previous experience with Sage HRIS
Personal qualities and competencies:
- A positive “can do” attitude with a commercial, results-driven focus
- The ability to deliver an expert & credible, solution-led service to the workforce
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skill set that are empathetic in nature
- The ability to build trust and develop strong working relationships
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to influence
- Confident to challenge decisions of managers and leaders to promote HR best practice
- A thorough ability to use analytical skills applying technical knowledge to on-the-job situations