Jackson Hogg are looking to recruit an Interim HR Manager for a fantastic forward thinking dynamic organisation based in Newcastle.
My client is open to Full Time and Part Time applications
Contract Length – 14-16 months
Develop and evolve the HR department covering HR Operations, Learning & Development, Communications and Recruitment. Provide a wide range of administration and organisational support to the Finance Director and Managing Director.
- Main day-to-day contact, providing support and, when necessary, liaising with external HR advisers and implementing any required action in line with advice.
- Support the resolution of any people issues raised, identify the most suitable solution and when a more formal approach is to be taken bring in appropriate support/resource to ensure the best outcome for our people
- Evolve and develop HR policies and procedures to ensure the most up to date approach and best practice is maintained. Ongoing communication of these policies ensuring they are understood, fit for purpose and adhered to across the business.
- Identify current trends and activities in HR and bring in best practice and new ideas
- Responsible for the appraisal process, working with the Management Team to ensure a consistent approach to appraisals, objectives are appropriate and agreed and development plans are in place.
- Driving a consistent and coordinated approach to people training and development. Responsible for the management of the training budget, allocating appropriately across all departments. Ensuring training is fit for purpose and has a positive outcome for both the individual and the business. Evaluation of training; did training attended achieve what was expected.
- Working with the Management team help to define career paths and people development in all areas of the business. Identify how to communicate this across the business and help people understand how they both develop in their role and also how to pursue career development within the organisation
- Work with the Management Team to provide succession planning for critical roles within the business.
- Ongoing review and development of the benefits package / reward strategies offered •
- Developing and maintaining a people database, tracking information on new starters, leavers, salary changes, training and other relevant information.
- Monitor employee metrics, reporting key information and insight to the Senior Management team and the Board.
- Ensure the appropriate recording and monitoring of people absence, including holiday and training days.
- Support and oversee the recruitment process, from the development of job descriptions through to advertising, interviews, job offers and contracts. Ensure the correct paperwork in place for all new starters and an appropriate induction process takes place.
- Complete exit interviews, highlight any key issues to the Finance Director and Managing Director. Ensure the leavers procedure is followed ensuring access and key documents are appropriately handed across.
- Liaise with external payroll provider ensuring and timely and accurate monthly payroll.
- Support the management of the range of company benefits offered.
- Leading people related business projects as and when appropriate.
Other & Communication
- With the Senior Management team develop, maintain and communicate an organisation wide calendar of events and activities.
- Provide regular people updates regarding updated policies, procedures and key business activities, including employee of the month and regular employee engagement surveys.
- Coordination of Board papers, minute & action recording at monthly Board Meetings.
- Attendance at monthly Management Meetings.
- Support on the development and coordination of the annual away day and general update events.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, ability to manage a varied workload
- Ability to work across both short term and long-term objectives
- Strong communicator with all people in the business
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal/influencing skills
- Ability to lead on key projects through to execution
- Recognised HR qualification or working towards one.
- Solid business understanding and how it relates to HR
- Understanding and interpretation of people data
- Maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and empathy.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Motivated and able to work alone or within a team.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Flexible, adaptable and ability to try different approaches to achieve an outcome
- Sound work ethics, reliable
- Proactive and resilient