Jackson Hogg are pleased to be working with an exciting organisation in the region in the search for a Infrastructure Engineer. This role will be based in Catterick / Manchester / Stockton-on-Tees.
- As Infrastructure Engineer you will provide excellent technical support, acting as the final point of escalation for the service desk for all Infrastructure related incidents and service requests and taking ownership of these problems through to resolution.
- You will take ownership of assigned Infrastructure projects, including planning and implementing them to a high standard and to be an excellent role model to 1st and 2nd line team members.
The organisation is looking for a motivated and capable individual looking to drive change in a rapidly growing area of the business.
- Client Support (70%)
- Escalation for the service desk of client issues they can’t resolve.
- Internal Projects and Monitoring (30%)
- Resolving monitoring issues for their internal infrastructure
- Ensuring core infrastructure and hosting platform performing optimal levels
- Work on infrastructure and hosting platform perform performing optimal levels
- Working on internal infrastructure platform projects and maintenance, expansion, and upgrades
- Support the Head of Infrastructure and networks in projects delivery.
- A fantastic and flexible working environment.
- 32 days holiday (Including bank holidays) and the ability to purchase up to an additional 10 days per annum.
- Life insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Free breakfast, Fruit, Nespresso Coffee, tea and soft drinks
- Regular social events.
- A company phone which can be used for personal use.
- A company credit card so you’re never left out of pocket
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Hold one or more relevant Microsoft ‘Administrator’, ‘Solutions Architect’ or ‘Security Engineer’ pathway certifications at the associate level
- Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) – Desirable
- VCP: VMware Certified Professional – Desirable
- CCA: Citrix Certified Administrator – Desirable
- 3 years of experience in supporting and maintaining IT infrastructure
- Extensive experience with Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of Group policies and their application in a complex enterprise environment.
- Experience managing Microsoft Azure and Office 365, focusing on Conditional Access, Azure AD Connect, Exchange Online/Hybrid, SharePoint, Teams InTune/Endpoint Manager.
- Maintaining, updating, and installing vSphere environments.
- Maintaining, updating, and installing Hyper-V environments.
- Maintaining, updating, and installing Veeam.
- Supporting various VoIP systems; Mitel, Gamma, Skype for Business/Teams.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, NPS, IIS, ADFS, ADCS, RDS and RemoteApp.
- Maintaining, updating, and troubleshooting SAN devices
- Supporting a range of firewall products; Palo Alto, Sophos, Fortinet, Draytek, Juniper and Cisco.
- Writing PowerShell to automate tasks.
- Maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Servers.
- Troubleshooting Citrix Environments
- Building server hardware, Dell / HP and Utilizing iLO and iDRAC.
- Troubleshooting General networking problems at the 3rd line level.
- All aspects of Windows Desktop and mobile device support.
- Written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills to establish and develop positive relationships.
- Create technical and user documentation with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Methodologic diagnostic fault-finding and monitoring skills
- Organisational skills, including managing and prioritising workload.
- Work independently and perform your research.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Full UK, Manual Driving License.
- Must live within and hours commute of Manchester, Leeds or Stockton.
- Must maintain 2.5 day in the office Hybrid (one week 2 days a week at home and the next week 3 days a week at home)
Salary – Competitive
For more information please apply to Jackson Hogg