Jackson Hogg has an excellent and unique opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a fast growing consultancy in a crucial 3rd line support role.
Role: Infrastructure Engineer/3rd Line Support Engineer
Salary: £35,000 – £47,000 (flexible)
Location: Manchester/ Stockton-on-Tees + travel to Data Centres
Hybrid: 2:3 remote working
On Call: 1 week in 9, bonus upfront & for callouts
Employment Type: Permanent
This role will see you tackling complex technical escalations across an incredibly broad range of technologies. You will also get the chance to work on internal projects at a crucial time for the company as they expand their offerings and constantly improve their systems.
Technical areas you will work across include, but are not limited to:
- Office 365
- Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure AD & Exchange
- VMware, Hyper-V & vSphere
- VOIP & telephony
- Veeam Backup
- Network Engineering (WAN,LAN, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls – Palo Alto, Juniper switches & routers)
- SAN Devices
- ITIL Framework
Note: You are not expected to be an expert in all of the above, this is just a taste of the range of technologies you will be exposed to!
The ideal candidate will be a jack of all trades, able to quickly shift between technologies and have a strong understanding of broader interlocking systems and technologies. You need to have strong experience within an MSP environment, understanding of ticketing systems and managing SLAs.
- A relevant IT Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong experience with Storage Clusters and Veeam backup
- Excellent experience supporting the Microsoft stack (any Microsoft certifications are highly desirable)
- Strong experience across VMware, vSphere and Hyper-V (certifications are a huge bonus)
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders of all levels
- Strong experience within an MSP environment of ticketing and SLAs
- Knowledge of documentation and technical writing
- You must have a full UK Manual Driving Licence
This is an excellent opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a stable and growing organisation in an exciting and diverse role offering excellent growth and development opportunities.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply below, or you can contact me at Peter.barrett@Jacksonhogg.com or on 07308349873 if you have any further questions.