Jackson Hogg are delighted to work alongside a growing Hospitality Group located north of Alnwick. This is a great opportunity to join an award-winning organisation that is expanding meaning there is scope for development. This is a temp to perm position with only 1 stage interview and an immediate start!
The role has excellent opportunities for a strong Accounts Assistant to progress and gain exposure to all aspects of the business, whilst allowing you time to learn in line with your studies. If your next step is progressing to Assistant Management Accountant then this role is perfect for you!
Your duties will include:
· Responsible for reconciling and producing schedules for key balance sheet and profit and loss nominal ledger accounts, as part of the monthly reporting pack.
· Monitoring and producing weekly KPI reports.
· Adhering to weekly, monthly and quarterly finance checklist.
· Monthly payroll (circa 80 staff).
· Ad hoc bookkeeping duties as and when required.
· Project work according to the needs of the business.
· Production of quarterly VAT returns.
· Preparation of cash flows.
· Bank reconciliations.
· Preparation of schedules required for annual accounts.
· Monitoring of aged purchase ledger and aged debtors reports.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- AAT, ACCA or QBE
- Finance experience (> 5 years) is essential.
- Motivated and hard working
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Experience of QuickBooks is desirable but not essential
This is a great role for someone to continue their professional development with varied work and excellent support to complete your professional studies.
Experience in the hospitality sector would be desirable.
- Hybrid – 2 days from home
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Temporary contract, Temp to perm
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £27,000.00-£35,000.00 per year