Jackson Hogg is supporting a world leading provider of portable storage solutions and supply to industries, including construction companies, retailers, manufacturers, and distributors.
Who are actively seeking a Credit Controller to join us at our Head Office!
This is a 4 Month FTC
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Salary: £24,000 – £25,000 per annum
We are looking for an individual who communicates well and takes a hands-on approach to problem solving. Are client takes pride in working together, therefore the candidate should be a team player. Experience of the hire industry would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Proven planning, organisational, time management and negotiation skills and the ability to follow tasks through to a successful conclusion.
- Previous experience in a similar role with knowledge of sales ledger is essential.
- Sufficient self-confidence and strength of personality to be able to communicate with and persuade adversaries and supporters alike with the ability to liaise successfully with other departments within the business.
- Self-motivator with sufficient incentive to meet targets and set and provide a positive contribution to the performance of the business.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of SAP would be an advantage.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Be a team player and able to work with minimal supervision.
About the Role
We are looking for a focused, motivated, dynamic and self-starting individual to join their cash collection team in Stockton. Customer service and strong communication skills are an absolute must in securing monies on behalf of the business.
- Liaison with customers regarding overdue debts and collection of those in line with company credit policy by telephone, letter and personal visit if required.
- Identify and eliminate opportunities for customers to delay payments and notify senior managers of non-compliance such as returned cheques/payments and notification of any formal arrangements. This includes returned Direct Debit payments.
- Identify, register and progress chasing and resolution of invoice queries with both internal (sales/operations/credit risk/billing team) and external customers.
- Production of weekly/monthly reports in accordance with set requirements.
- Liaison with branches and sales over held orders for equipment release.
- To achieve and apply excellent communication skills to ensure cash collection.
- Ensure the continued integration of existing and new procedures within the working practices of the credit control department through personal adoption of those.
Alongside this, we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus
- 31 days holidays, including bank holidays which will increase with service up to 34 days.
- Training and career progression plans
- Opportunity to buy and sell up to 4 days holiday
- Friendly and supportive environment with a family like atmosphere
- Paid opportunities to volunteer
- A range of company benefits including Perkbox membership with access to free perks and discounts from big brands!
- Free life assurance cover for 3x annual basic salary
- Company pension contribution plan
- Company medical health plan with Medicash offered to all employees from day one!
- Long Service Awards