Jackson Hogg is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant on 6 month fixed term contract based in Walker, Newcastle.
Contract length – 6 months, highly likely to be extended or to become permanent.
This is a fast paced and fast growing company with our award winning software providing payroll solutions for over 1000 clients. We are looking for a full-time Accounts Assistant to join Finance team with oversight across the entire group of companies. You will report directly to the Group Finance Manager in support of the team’s goals.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will work alongside other Finance team members ensuring financial transactions and processes are maintained in accordance with company and regulatory requirements. You will have a good eye for detail, a focus on quality, timeliness and accuracy, and be comfortable with the ever-changing needs of the business in terms of systems, businesses, and reporting. You will also need to be able to generate, analyse and interpret meaningful information from systems-fed data.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing financial transactions on behalf of all companies within the group
- Providing financial and non-financial reporting and/or analysis on a regular and ad-hoc basis to support business goals.
- Responsibility for ensuring VAT, PAYE/NIC, and other HMRC payments are made accurately and on time.
- Ensure emails/tickets are addressed in line with agreed group policy.
- Assisting with the delivery of key performance indicators of Finance across multiple areas.
- Monthly task completion of transactional tasks during the month end schedule.
- Ensuring transactional corrections identified in the BSR process are resolved within 1 month from identification.
- Supporting the company’s external auditors by providing information as requested and directed by Finance management.
- Ensuring financial and non-financial policies are adhered to at all times.
- Providing appropriate departmental cover during absence
- Work closely with other departments as necessary to provide information and/or ensure processes work smoothly.
- Develop a high level of competency and expertise in all aspects of the finance accounting system (Sage Intacct) and other partner/associated programs as required.
- Deliver ad hoc reporting requirements as requested by Group Finance Manager.
- Previous accounting experience, ideally part-qualified in a recognised accounting qualification.
- Understanding of accounting principles and statutory requirements and regulations.
- Ability to deliver appropriate reports and advice to the business.
- Analytical skills including the ability to identify variances from budgets and/or trends.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience of using Excel (Intermediate level ideally).
- Demonstrable experience using and managing accounting software.
- A collaborative problem solver with the ability to resolve issues as they arise.
- Strong communication skills.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate process documentation.
- To provide appropriate cover of finance processes in times of absence.
- Support the department’s Continuous Improvement drive.