The main focus of the role is the accurate processing of all financial documentation through to preparation of management accounts for review by the Head of Finance, meeting set deadlines, and to support the Head of Finance and CFO in all areas of the finance function.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including the investigation and explanation of variances for review by the Head of Finance
- Performing bank reconciliations including foreign currency and company credit card accounts.
- Recording and controlling payments to overseas suppliers
- Month end control account reconciliations.
- Process company credit card transactions and reconcile to statements.
- Maintain fixed asset register in Excel.
- Calculate month end accruals/prepayments.
- Preparing quarterly UK VAT returns and all accompanying reconciliations for review by the Chief Accountant.
- Reconciling import purchases to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the deliveries, duty, VAT and freight costs in the monthly accounts.
- Preparation of the year end audit and tax packs and liaison with auditors
An Accounting qualification of ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent is preferable but QBE will be considered.
Experience in preparing accounts
Experience of Sage 50 is preferable and Excel to a high degree of competency
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.