Jackson Hogg are looking to recruit a Learning and Development Manager for a manufacturing company based in Newcastle.
To design, plan, and implement effective learning and development programs that support the organisation’s strategic goals and objectives. This includes identifying the training needs of employees and creating programs to address those needs, as well as managing and delivering training/apprenticeship programs in various formats, such as instructor-led classes, online courses, and self-paced tutorials.
In addition to delivering training programs, the L&D Manager is also responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of the programs and making recommendations for improvement. They will also be involved in the selection and management of outside training vendors, as well as the budgeting and allocation of resources for training initiatives.
- Design, develop and implement learning and development strategies that align with the organisations goal and objectives, promoting a driven and ambitious culture.
- Develop a talent pipeline program focused on apprenticeship and graduate development.
- Manage the delivery of training, including instructor-led training, e-learning and on-the-job training, promoting a sense of togetherness among team members.
- Conduct regular assessments to measure the effectiveness of training programs and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with manager and employees to identify skills gaps, training needs and competencies, creating a partnership to develop customised training solutions.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and external partners to design and deliver innovative training programs.
- Stay current with industry trends and developments in learning and development, and implement best practices as appropriate, demonstrating a drive to always improve and be the best.
- Manage the budget for training and development initiatives and ensure that programs are delivered within budget constraints, taking into account the use of the Apprentice Levy.
- Utilise leadership skills to provide mentorship and coaching to promote a culture of personal and professional growth.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- CIPD Level 7 or equivalent
- Experience in a learning and development role, with a focus on manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver effective training programs, using a variety of instructional methods.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A solid understanding of adult learning theory and principles.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate employees.
- Experience with apprenticeship standards and assessment processes, including the requirements of the Apprentice Levy.
- Experience of implementing an inhouse approved apprenticeship program.
Disposition (Required critical behaviours):
- Highly motivated
- Strategic thinker
- Passion for developing and implementing effective training programs
- Ability to design and deliver innovative training programs
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid project management skills.