Jackson Hogg are delighted to be supporting a major PLC with their search to add to the businesses internal reporting team. This is an ideal opportunity for a part qualified to qualified management accountant to gain exposure to the whole accounting function of a PLC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the production of management accounts for a specific unit within the business.
Responsible for producing monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis, key performance indicators and supporting commentaries in line with agreed SLA and reporting deadlines;
- Maintain management accounting processes and implement and communicate any required changes;
- Provide supporting data and relevant analysis to the SBU teams to aid decision making in an effective and timely manner;
- Ensure management and HY/FY fiscal reporting are fully reconciled and aligned;
- Prepare, submit and review all consolidated HFM management accounts for SBU and Group Finance review and sign off. Assist in local management accounts reporting where directed;
- Validate and upload all monthly actual results, budgets and forecasts to the Group consolidation and reporting model (HFM) in line with required deadlines;
- Work collaboratively as a key member of the Accounting Services Management Team to ensure the execution of the strategic and operational objectives that apply to own area of internal reporting responsibility;
- Lead and/or contribute and support Projects as designated;
- Ensure compliance with all finance processes, controls and regulatory framework. Ensure areas which could potentially adversely affect the business are expediently highlighted to management and the Accounting Services Controls team;
- Proactively own and resolve issues including any business non-compliance through adopting a flexible approach and the creation of innovative solutions which maintain an acceptable balance between risk, reward, and compliance;