What you’ll be doing:
The focus of the role is the management, processing and associated reporting of accounting records in relation to the EU activities of the our Client’s business. The role will also take a lead in resolving compliance matters in EU jurisdictions. Whilst EU experience would be highly beneficial, we’re focussed on finding the right person who is keen to apply their skills to an international business.
This role will involve:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including the investigation and explanation of variances for review by Finance Management
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Operations team in Hamburg, acting as the primary contact for the Cramlington based Finance team
- Assist UK finance operations and provide cross-cover support as required
- Collaborate with external advisors to compile and submit compliance information for EU entities
- Implement transfer pricing policies to EU tax returns
- Understanding Khaos (The Order and Stock Platform), identifying areas for development and integrating into the accounts system alongside Sage and operating both systems in the interim period until a fully integrated system is introduced
- Assist with processing tasks including invoices, payments, supplier reconciliations and bank transactions
- Reconcile sales channels to Khaos platform and resolve discrepancies with the Customer Care team
- Work with the UK Management Accountant to achieve timely month end delivery
- Prepare and reconcile overseas VAT returns for Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Ireland
- Assisting the Finance Manager in reviewing and implementing accounting procedures and controls as part of a continuous improvement programme
- Performing EU stock reconciliations
- Reviewing EU stock valuations
- Providing accounting support and training to the Customer Care team on Khaos processing issues
- Reconciling import purchases (into the EU) to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the deliveries, duty, VAT and freight costs in the monthly accounts
- Preparation and maintenance of a Finance Function Procedures Manual
- Liaising with the Sales team in setting up new sales channels on Khaos
- Preparation of the year end audit and tax packs and liaison with auditors
What you will bring to the role:
- An Accounting Qualification of ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent is preferable but QBE and training towards an Accounting Qualification will be considered
- Experience in preparing accounts.
- Experience of Sage 50 products is preferable and Excel spreadsheets to a high degree of competency
- Minimum of 2 years experience of working in a well-established accountancy practice or within a finance department in industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Able to prioritize, work to tight deadlines
- Confident, self-motivated, and pro-active
- Good team player with a positive and open personality
- Flexible and able to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Questioning mind and good problem solver
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong and positive personal and professional ethics
What You Will Get in Return:
- Enjoy numerous staff social events.
- Benefit from 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Flexibility to buy and sell annual leave.
- Paid charity days for all employees.
- Enhanced pension scheme.
- Comprehensive company healthcare plan.
- Access to a wide range of employee wellbeing initiatives and benefits.
- Life assurance for added peace of mind.
- Frequent staff sales for exclusive discounts.