1. Role Overview Using your engineering skill to improve current manufacturing processes to ensure products are produced efficiently, cost effectively and to the correct quality standard.
2. Duties & Key Responsibilities
- To work on internal process improvements
- To set and run trials for new product introduction
- To set up standard operating procedures
- To design and oversee the manufacture of jigs and fixtures that will improve the quality and cost of the product
- To oversee the manufacture of prototype parts
- Oversee the programming and control of robotic cells
3. Health, Safety & Environment
1. Ensure that you comply with the requirements of the company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
2. Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
3. Promote a safe working environment by directly challenging or reporting unsafe or environmentally damaging practices and hazardous working conditions.
4. Be observant at all times and where applicable make suggestions on health, safety and environmental improvements that can or should be made.
5. Support environmental sustainability initiatives within the company such as segregating waste and switching off electrical equipment where appropriate and not in use.
1. Assures system or product quality by abiding by ADM QMS procedures, work instructions & operating procedures.
2. Quality is the concern of every employee & it is every employees duty to inform those responsible for production / quality if a product does not conform.
1. Experience within an automotive engineering setting
2. HNC or HND in Mechanical Engineering or a completed apprenticeship in a related sector
3. Knowledge of excel, word and power point
4. Full UK Drivers Licence
5. Ideally have a sound background in robotic programming and mig welding
6. Person Specification
• Self-motivated and organised to work independently when required
• Able to work within a team and communicate effectively
• Organized and detail oriented
• Honest and diplomatic
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Sound judgement
• Strong writing skills
• Able to support and train other team members