Purpose of Role:
To define, design & implement appropriate manufacturing solutions, Including the use of Automation, (as required), for both new and existing product & processes, in line with Product Manufactured on Site whilst ensuring achievement of all KEY targets enabling the manufacturing and pre-assembly teams to achieve significant improvements in operational excellence and associated KPI’s.
Identify opportunities to improve all manufacturing processes with the collaboration of the manufacturing, (Production) and pre-assembly teams to meet key targets and enable the manufacturing and pre-assembly teams to achieve significant improvements in operational excellence and key metrics of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity & Cost and in doing so, drive and facilitate the implementation of lean improvement activities, including the training of teams when required.
• Facilitate the New Product Development process working with Design, Quality, Production and other KEY depts ensuring optimum Manufacturing solutions are designed, manufactured & approved supporting the industrialisation of both new and modified products / components in line with pre – determined milestones, process documentation and associated KPI’s
• Identify opportunities to implement latest appropriate manufacturing technological solutions, ensuring improvements are demonstrated within KEY KPI’s.
• Lead the creation and update of Value Stream Maps to plan improvement activities and track the implementation through the change in Value Stream KEY metrics, (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity & Cost) of new and existing products / components.
• Through the implementation of Standard Work, calculate the optimum Operator Manning for processes ensuring line balance and Productivity targets are achieved
• Drive Manufacturing Efficiency improvement activities utilising appropriate technologies throughout the life cycle of the product.
• Support the Manufacturing Value Streams in the creation and sustainability of monthly metrics.
• Support / Lead Lean Projects that will improve Processes in conjunction with the appropriate Design, Production, Quality and Supply Chain teams.
• Qualified to HND – HNC level or equivalent experience in Manufacturing Engineering or similar discipline
Knowledge & Experience:
• Knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing engineering techniques such as time and motion study, ergonomics, workflow design, factory layout design, etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of primary Lean principles such as 5S, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping
• Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing technology such as FMEA, Design for Manufacture, etc.
• Experience and use of analytical problemsolving techniques