Jackson Hogg are pleased to be working with an exciting organisation in the North East in the search for a Mechanical Design Engineer. This role will be based in County Durham.
As the Design Engineer within this company you would work to aid in the design and manufacture of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and process modules / skids for a wide variety of applications and in full accordance with worldwide accepted design codes.
- Driving the Mechanical Design of Pressure Vessel and Piping Design
- Working closely alongside process engineer Understanding of Process engineering teams to design with knowledge of Heat Transfer & Coefficients
- Carrying out pipe stress analysis and pressure vessel design
- Designing GRE vessels to BS EN:2016
- Degree in Mechanical Design Engineering
- 4 years + in mechanical design in a simialr oil & gas piping environment
- A good knowledge of the relevant codes and manufacturing practice ASME B31.3, B31.1, ASME B16.5/16.47, API 610
- PD5500 Specification for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels
- BS EN 13445 Unfired Pressure Vessels
- ASME VIII Div. 1 ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Design Code
- Experience in these software suites would be beneficial: PV Elite / Finglow / Unilab Shell