Jackson Hogg is delighted to be representing an advanced metal solutions company who operate across the Space, Aviation, Oil & gas and Defence markets. They are looking for a Project Engineer who will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating projects.
Job title: Mechanical Project Engineer
Directly responsible for overseeing project activities internal and external, where the end result is a quality product delivered on time and under or at budget. Individual will be expected to incorporate value engineering methodologies to support continuous improvement and cost reductions for associated manufacturing processing.
The Skills / Experience:
List of skills required…
- Technical point of contact for the project, internal and external stakeholders, customer, and vendors
- Completely manages a new project and associated development from initial design through shipment of the first article to meet the customer requirements on time and under budget
- File management of project specific drawings, data sets, models, and part lists
- Assist with part and method entries into the ERP system (Epicor)
- Create manufacturing documentation for NPI (BOMs, routings, part/tool sketches using SolidWorks, visual work instructions, change orders, etc.) to fulfill customer requirements based on information supplied through purchase orders and engineering documents
- Review QA supplied control plans and inspection logs
- Develop process flowcharts and pictorial diagrams as necessary
- Update schedules and project status using MS Project or other for new orders
- Evaluate/disposition nonconformance reports with rework operations (where required) and assist in providing/implementing corrective action
- Provide estimating support through developing layouts and concepts for costing/quoting
- Support the development and improvement of engineering departmental procedures
- Participate in the maintenance of engineering drawings and standards
- Participate in jointly developing PFMEAs where/when necessary to mitigate risk
- Analyze process and cost data (ex. planned vs. actual) for decision-making purposes
- Minimum of 2-5 years engineering experience or previous/relevant intern/co-op experience.
For more information, please contact William Killeen on 07878 866473 / firstname.lastname@example.org