Jackson Hogg is looking to recruit a Technical Office Administrator for a fantastic Engineering Consultancy based in Runcorn. This is an exciting opportunity to support a growing business.
Job Type – Part Time (24 hours)
will join the business to support the internal teams in the day-to-day running of the office. The focus of the role is to act as one of the primary contacts for everyone at the designated site and to manage all internal office activities. Keen organisation and communication skills, as well as the highest levels of professionalism and care are paramount in this role.
The role will be based in the Northwest, but will operate UK wide in the target regions of: North East, North West, Humber and Scotland.
- Answering inbound phone calls for the business and directing them if required.
- Main point of contact for visitors to the business.
- Management and distribution of incoming mail.
- Assisting with maintaining the supplier database including re-approvals.
- Supporting HQ with booking accommodation and travel arrangements where applicable, both nationally and internationally.
- Raising purchase orders for stationery, PPE and NDT consumable items and seeking approval before orders are placed.
- Handling incoming goods, checking for accuracy and updating the system as necessary.
- Assisting with the updating of various Microsoft Excel documents.
- Assisting with the CRM housekeeping.
- Accurate filing of Interim Records of Examination
- Generation of Asset record cards in correct locations
- Maintaining client Asset history
- Preparation of Written Schemes of Examination (WSE) by adding Isometrics, TP locations and appropriate photographs ready for completion by Inspectors
- Inputting Ultrasonic Testing (UT) readings into both NDT and Inspection reports ensure complete accuracy at all times
- Attending client sites to scan and upload data to AMD
- Previous role in Business and/or Administration.
- Demonstrated the ability to work well under own initiative, providing a logical approach to solving problems.
- Demonstrated a high level of verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability communicating confidently with key internal and external stakeholders.
- A track record of consistently meeting deadlines.
- GCSE or equivalent Grade A-C in English and Maths is essential.
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration would be desirable.
- Lotus Notes experience would be beneficial
- Excellent organisational and timekeeping skills is essential.
- A highly professional manner.
- Enthusiastic, can do attitude towards working.
- A valid, full UK Driving License for sporadic travel to sites across the U.K.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, organisational agility and well-developed influencing skills, ideally in client facing roles.
- IT literate – Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, namely Excel, Word and PowerPoint.