Jackson Hogg is exclusively looking to recruit an Payroll Assistant on 6 month fixed term contract for an manufacturing organisation based in Scotswood Road, Newcastle .
Contract length – 6 months, highly likely to be extended or to become permanent.
The payroll administrator will assist the Payroll Coordinator in a range of defined core administrative, operational, and technical activities to ensure that all employees are paid correctly and on time.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
The payroll Assistant will assist the payroll coordinator in a range of tasks which could include the following:
· Ensure that managers have corrected any anomalies in the Time and Attendance system, weekly, to ensure the correct data is held within the Time and Attendance system for processing at month end.
· Process sickness absence in line with the company sick pay policy and/or statutory guidelines
· Process other absences in line with statutory entitlement ensuring the correct payments are assigned to the right absences.
· Manage and realign shift working arrangements where necessary.
· Process authorised overtime payments in line with approvals received from the line manager
· Ensure accurate and high level of data integrity is maintained within the Time and Attendance software used within the company.
· Process starters and leavers.
· Responsible for accurate and timely processing of agency weekly timesheets
· Input and process data into the payroll software for the monthly payrolls (including starter and leavers and senior director payroll).
· Process sickness absence information into the payroll software to ensure the correct information is held in relation to the statutory infrastructure.
· Process adhoc. payments through the payroll as and when necessary.
· Process court orders, attachment of earnings and any adhoc. deduction necessary and in line with agreements.
· Ensure time and attendance upload is accurate for payment purposes.
· Deal with any employee queries following payslip distribution (online)
· Prepare BACS transmission for submitting to bank.
· Union reports for UNITE.
· Month end payroll reports/reconciliation.
· Administer pension scheme, ensure auto-enrolment assessments are carried out and prepare of the pension file for transfer to scheme provider.
· HMRC account reconciliation ready for payment.
- Input general employee information on the electronic HR/Time & Attendance system ‘Softworks,’ and ensure any updates are corrected in a timely manner.
- Provide support to the Payroll Coordinator for data management activity such as; compiling data for the weekly Senior Management Team (SMT) movement charts, weekly overtime analysis reports for SMT and monthly reports for Finance, HSE and HR – Absence and man hours related
- General filing
- Process reference requests as and when received.
Qualifications and skills
- Previous experience as a similar role
- Previous experience processing time and attendance information and in particular, dealing with a variety of shift patterns.
- Must be IT Proficient, including the use of excel spreadsheets, word, and database.
- Although not essential, experience of using Cintra payroll will be advantageous.
- An understanding of GDPR guidelines is required along with a professional demeanour around confidentiality.
Person Specification (Values & Behaviours)
- Proactive approach, able to build relationships
- Commitment to excellent customer service (strong written and communication skills are essential
- Attention to detail; high accuracy across data entry and reporting
- Comfortable working to deadlines and at times, under time constraints
- Highly motivated to drive efficiency and continuous business improvement
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
Job Types: Fixed term contract, Temp to perm
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: £25,000.00-£27,000.00 per year