Principal Electrical Design Engineer (hybrid)
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Salary: up to £60k depending on experience
Jackson Hogg is delighted to be working with a leading global technology business specialising in Maritime and Oil&Gas and deliver solutions for customers operating in extreme environments.
The Principal Electrical Design Engineer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team producing designs for equipment associated with specialist Naval deck machinery.
The position will entail whole life technical involvement from interpretation of customer requirements during tendering, through to concept development, detailed design, manufacturing support, testing and installation onboard the naval vessel.
Principal Electrical Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical delivery of projects overseeing a multi-disciplinary team.
- Develop Electrical Engineering solutions that fulfil client requirements. Progressing from requirements capture, through concept design to product development, commissioning and in-service support.
- Identify and develop R&D and Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Provide technical reference / guidance to equipment suppliers, internal departments and customers. Approve / witness factory tests and inspections at supplier’s works.
- Create technical design appraisal documents for submission to marine classification societies.
- Carry out Arc Flash assessments and other calculations to substantiate designs using Mathcad and Matlab.
- BEng in a Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer with a relevant Institute or working towards Chartership.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience spanning concept, product development and in-service (ILS) support.
- Selection and programming of PLC’s, motion control and serial communication network systems (Beckhoff IPC and I/O Systems preferred).
- Competent user of a recognised CAD package (AutoCAD, PromiseE, Medusa etc.) for the production of drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Comply with the company’s QHS&E policies and procedures.
The client provides lots of other benefits on offer.
If you are interested in this role please feel free to get in touch using the details below.