Procurement Assistant – Newton Aycliffe
£25,000 – £28,000 DOE
Jackson Hogg is delighted to be supporting a national manufacturing business on the appointment of a Procurement Assistant. This will work closely with the procurement function to ensure smooth daily operations of procurement activities. With a key focus on delivering great customer service to internal and external stakeholders. This business has gone from strength to strength and continues to push for bettering their manufacturing/procurement processes.
- Assist with day-to-day Procurement administration and provide support to the Purchasing Team by working closely with both internal colleagues and Suppliers.
- To manage and maintain the contract management libraries for In-Direct procurement.
- Order placement using the current SAP system (ensuring orders meet all critical paths required).
- Order management including but not limited to-Expediting, tracking, updating, and processing of acknowledgements.
- Process new vendor creation/change requests.
- Produce and issue and award small tenders/ request for quotations (<5k EUR).
- Analysis of purchasing data and preparation of information for supplier reviews.
- Support corrective actions for invoice queries.
- Responsible for the management of POs (creation, following up delivery dates, standard operational communication with suppliers)
- Knowledge & Qualifications
- SAP system (desirable)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel and other MS systems, particularly relating to interpreting and presenting data in the form of KPI’s.
- Understanding the Purchase to Pay process.
- Strong planning, organising, and problem-solving skills.
- £25,000 – £28,000 DOE
- 09:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday