Jackson Hogg is delighted to be representing a global leading manufacturing company in their search for a Project Manager. As the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing projects from discovery to launch, focusing on new product development projects and existing product lifecycle management.
Key Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Performs functions to direct, administer and execute research and development activities for new product design projects.
- Manages a project or combination of projects that have significant scope and complexity.
- Ensures customer requirements are met by creating the project charter, baseline plan and other project management components. Ensures that the cost basis and/or pricing is correct by evaluating resource requirements and performing risk analyses.
- Responsible for integrated project schedules, data integration, tracking of financial and quality performance and implementation of corrective actions, covering all aspects of project responsibility.
- Provides feedback on contribution and performance to team members and/or their direct manager if in a matrix role. Responsible for plans and budgets.
- Oversees and approves task planning on projects including resource requirements and effort estimates related to project performance.
- Establishes and communicates overall priorities and changing programme requirements to functional areas.
- Ensures successful customer relationships by responding to all customer requests and serving as the primary point of contact for assigned Project activities, status, and problem resolution.
- Is responsible for the negotiation of contract changes related to scope management.
- A technical consultant for component and system problems for internal and external customers
- Identifies, analyses, and quantifies risks. Reviews risks ensuring steps are taken to mitigate them.
- Creates and tracks the Master Gantt for the entire project.
Key Skills required of a Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in mechanical, electrical, or related technical discipline.
- Individual should be highly organized with the ability to see things through completion and hold others accountable.
- Previous experience with successfully managing new product launches and new product commercialization.
- PMP or APM certification
- Advanced degree (MA/MSc/MBA)
Key Competencies of a Project Manager
- Positively influence and co-ordinate cross-functional teams (motivate).
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) are essential
- Ability to positively influence task owners.
- Ability to demonstrate business skills and lead cross-functional matrixed teams across a suite of related projects.
- Negotiation skills – an ability to respond to and negotiate with customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex policies, contractual language, and financial reports.
- Proficient use of business applications software and the ability to use specialised project management and financial applications.