Are you a Purchasing professional looking for a new challenge and the next step in your career? Jackson Hogg is delighted to be supporting a client based in Thornaby with the appointment of a Purchasing Co-Ordinator. We are looking for somebody who can use their own initiative and who is confident to make decisions. This post is ideal for someone looking to grow in the role with the company and who is looking for a lead position. The Purchasing Assistant will report directly into this post, so we are looking for someone with the ability to lead and develop their member of the team.
On offer is an excellent opportunity to step up within a company going through exciting changes and growth, where you will be a central part of the team communicating with other departments. You will play a vital role being part of the Purchasing Department where new ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
- Identify and accurately forecast purchasing requirements.
- Build beneficial relationships with marketing, sales, and product management.
- To ensure timely delivery of all purchase orders placed and update management of any issues on the status of orders.
- Lead, coach, develop and work collaboratively with the Purchasing Assistant to ensure targets and objectives. Share knowledge and delegate where necessary.
- Computer literate including Microsoft packages.
- A team player who is adaptable and can work effectively with others.
- Strong customer focus ensuring that the customer experience is taken into account at all times
- Enthusiastic positive mindset