Jackson Hogg is delighted to be partnering on an exclusive basis with a manufacturing business based in Eastleigh. We are looking for a driven and ambitious Purchasing Officer to join an established team. This is a close knit function with the opportunity to work on some niche projects within different sectors.
Overall, you will be responsible for selecting suppliers and negotiating prices for materials and/or services required, so ensuring procedure of nominated materials and services are agreed by the most economic, timely and efficient means is crucial.
- Generate MRP for Key suppliers/Commodities.
- Assist with projects & RFQ generation.
- Negotiates and agrees pricing with Suppliers.
- Raise and manage EC orders.
- Manage invoice queries.
- Obtaining and transacting into MRP, the weekly expedite reports and acknowledgements from suppliers.
- Generating and reviewing the monthly shortage report.
- Identifying and reporting to both operational staff and the Purchasing Manager any risk in the supply chain that may impact on the ability to manufacture to plan.
- Ensure Quality standards are rigorously applied to all tasks completed and take an active role in identifying issues which may affect the quality of your own work or the work of others.
- Adhere to all policy and legislative requirements in respect of Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years purchasing experience.
- Experience using SAP advantageous, proficient experience of ERP systems and MRP.
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, enabling the creation of good working relationships internally and externally.
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000
For more information, please apply to Jackson Hogg